Azure Information Protection Troubleshooting (Analyzer Tool)
In the next series of articles, we will understand how to troubleshoot and resolve common and special issues that can occur when working with Azure Information Protection.
Azure RMS Analyzer Tool is a small but useful tool that can help you in solving your problem by analyzing your work against the Azure AIP service.
The RMS Analyzer can be used to check the settings, configuration, and health of your Azure RMS infrastructure and the client applications that use RMS.
The RMS Diagnostic tests that check the following settings:
- RMS client registry settings
- Office 2010, 2013, and 2016 registry settings
- Azure RMS service discovery
- Azure RMS certificates and trust
- Azure RMS certification, licensing, and pre-licensing functionality
- Azure RMS prerequisites (required hotfixes, registry key settings, Microsoft Online Sign-in Assistant, etc.)
The RMS analyze tool can perform remediation on the client machine with the following actions:
- Fixes RMS client registry settings
- Fixes MS Office registry settings
- Installs missing Azure RMS prerequisites
- Restores the RMS client to the default state
Run RMS Analyzer
Once installed the RMS analyze tool we can perform few actions and first we start with the Azure RMS User
In our example, I’ve some issue with RMS requirement
I can fix the issue from the “Fix It” option.
Additional controls with RMS Analyzer tool
- View local RMS settings, data, and installations
- Reset local RMS settings to the default state
- Collector trace logs for real-time RMS problems on client computers
- View service information for RMS deployments
- Dom group membership checksum ten groups and policy templates
- Download policy templates to view settings
- Register, unregister or update an AD RMS Service Connection Point (SCP)
- Check the federation services configuration for Azure RMS
- Check an Exchange server’s configuration for RMS connector
- Check when FSRM (w / FCI) server’s configuration for RMS connector
- Check a SharePoint Server’s configuration for RMS connector
- Run diagnostics against specific AD RMS servers using the trusted machine name