SC-400 Information Protection Administrator Ninjas Guide
Did you start to prepare for the Microsoft Security exams? Don’t know where to start from? This blog post for the SC-400 Information Protection Administrator Ninjas Guide will lead you from where to start, lead you to the relevant material, provide some excellent stuff, and the way to succeed with the SC-400 exam with many tips and useful links.
Microsoft launched a portfolio of security certifications. The four exams that were released focus across Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365 around security, identity, and compliance. Each exam is aimed at different roles within the organization, from the fundamentals aspect to folks who implement technical solutions.
During Microsoft Ignite March 2021, four new security focussed exams were announced. The four exams that were released focus across Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365 around security, identity, and compliance. Each exam is aimed at different roles within the organization, from the fundamentals aspect to folks who implement technical solutions.
More information about the Microsoft Security Exams
Exam SC-400: Microsoft Information Protection Administrator controls that meet organizational compliance needs. This person is responsible for translating requirements and compliance controls into technical implementation. They assist corporate control owners in becoming and staying compliant.
TIP: Before preparing for the exam SC-400, make sure to check if the exam content for a new content notification
SC-400 covers the concepts like implementations of data loss prevention policies, data retention policies, sensitive information types, sensitive labels, and office 365 messages encryption over other relevant topics.
Microsoft is constantly emerging its education programs to help you accelerate your career. The new role-based certifications will assist you to keep velocity and updated with the necessities of today’s technologies and business requirements.
TIP: it’s recommended to take the exam SC-900 before applying to this exam
You are about to witness a study guide that helps you work smart and make your journey easy, so let us dive into the relevant topics.
Domains and Skills Measured
I wrapped up all of the topics covered on the SC-400 exam and assisted you in checking out Microsoft Learn content on this exam, which can be found on the topics below. Here is the domain objective with all relevant links.
Implementing Information Protection (35-40%)
Create and manage sensitive information types
- Select a sensitive information type based on an organization’s requirements
- Create and manage custom sensitive information types 
- Create custom sensitive information types with Exact Data Match (EDM)
- Implement document fingerprinting
- Create a keyword dictionary
Create and manage trainable classifiers
- Identify when to use trainable classifiers
- Create a trainable classifier
- Verify a trainable classifier is performing properly
- Retrain a classifier
Implement and manage sensitivity labels
- Identify roles and permissions for administering sensitivity labels
- Create sensitivity labels
- Configure and manage sensitivity label policies
- Apply sensitivity labels to Microsoft Teams, Microsoft 365 groups, and SharePoint sites
- Configure and publish automatic labeling policies
- Monitor label usage by using label analytics
- Apply bulk classification to on-premises data by using the AIP unified labeling scanner
- Manage protection settings and marking for applied sensitivity labels
- Apply protections and restrictions to email, including content marking, usage, permission, encryption, expiration, etc.
- Apply protections and restrictions to files, including content marking, usage, permission, encryption, expiration, etc.
Plan and implement encryption for email messages
- Define requirements for implementing Office 365 Message Encryption
- Implement Office 365 Advanced Message Encryption
Implement Data Loss Prevention (30-35%)
Create and configure data loss prevention policies
- Recommend a data loss prevention solution for an organization
- Configure data loss prevention for policy precedence
- Configure policies for Microsoft Exchange email
- Configure policies for Microsoft SharePoint sites
- Configure policies for Microsoft OneDrive accounts
- Configure policies for Microsoft Teams chat and channel messages
- Integrate Microsoft Cloud App Security (MCAS) with Microsoft Information Protection
- Configure policies in Microsoft Cloud App Security (MCAS)
- Implement data loss prevention policies in test mode
Implement and monitor Microsoft Endpoint data loss prevention
- Configure policies for endpoints
- Configure Endpoint data loss prevention settings
- Recommend configurations that enable devices for Endpoint data loss prevention policies
- Monitor endpoint activities
Manage and monitor data loss prevention policies and activities
- Manage and respond to data loss prevention policy violations
- Review and analyze data loss prevention reports
- Manage permissions for data loss prevention reports
- Manage data loss prevention violations in Microsoft Cloud App Security (MCAS)
Implement Information Governance (25-30%)
Configure retention policies and labels
- Create and apply retention labels
- Create and apply retention label policies
- Configure and publish auto-apply label policies
Manage data retention in Microsoft 365
- Create and apply retention policies in Microsoft SharePoint and OneDrive
- Create and apply retention policies in Microsoft Teams
- Recover content in Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, and OneDrive
- Recover content in Microsoft Exchange
- Implement retention policies and tags in Microsoft Exchange
- Apply mailbox holds in Microsoft Exchange
- Implement Microsoft Exchange Online archiving policies
Implement records management in Microsoft 365
- Configure labels for records management
- Manage and migrate retention requirements with a file plan
- Configure automatic retention using File Plan descriptors
- Classify records using retention labels and policies
- Implement in-place records management in Microsoft SharePoint
- Configure event-based retention
- Manage disposition of records
The bullets that follow each of the skills measured are intended to illustrate how we assess that skill. This list is not definitive or exhaustive.
Most questions cover features that are generally available. The exam may contain questions on Preview features if those features are commonly used.
Some practice tests, dumps, and courses that I’ve curated a list of articles from Microsoft documentation for each objective of the SC-400 exam. Please share the post within your circles, so it helps them to prepare for the exam.
Microsoft Learn SC-400 Modules
Who is for (Audience Profile)? The Information Protection Administrator plans and implements controls that meet organizational compliance needs. This person is responsible for translating requirements and compliance controls into technical implementation. They assist corporate control owners in becoming and staying compliant.
What is the SC-400 exam about? This exam measures an individual’s capacity to know the data, prevent the loss, govern the data, and protect the data. After successfully achieving this certificate, you will get Microsoft certified: Information protection Administrator Associate designation.
What is the SC-400 exam structure? the SC-400 exam structure is based on the following points
- Exam format with multiple choice questions, drag and drop questions, multiple answers, and scenario-based
- How many questions are there in Exam SC-400? There are 40-60 questions
In which are languages SC-400 Exam? Exam SC-400 is available in the English language only.
How do I register for the SC-400 exam? Visit the exam registration page to find complete instructions. Also, the candidate can register at the Pearson VUE and Certiport.
How much do the exams cost? Exam SC-400 is priced according to currency values in specific countries and regions. Exam prices are constrained to change.
How does Microsoft decide how many questions on a particular subject to include? The skills marked on an exam are recognized by subject-matter experts outside of Microsoft. This is the list called the “objective domain.”
What is the process for determining if an exam has been updated? You must check exams every two months. Any changes that affect the objective domain and the existing questions are consolidated into the exam.
How many points are short answer questions worth? Most of the short answer questions are worth one point.
How and when will I get my results? You will receive notification of your pass or fail status within a few minutes of completing your exam. In addition, you will receive a printed report that provides your exam score and feedback on your performance in the skill areas measured. The exam delivery provider will forward your score to Microsoft within five business days.
More Study Guides Certifications Archives – Elli Shlomo (eshlomo.us)